HDMI Extender Over CAT5E/6 50M IR 1080P 
A top product for any AV or CCTV engineer to have in their arsenal, this HDMI TX/RX pair can send an HDMI signal up to 50 metres down a CAT5 cable.
Great where you need to get a DVR output to a monitor but have no cable route for an additional HDMI lead or it is just too far for an HDMI signal to perform. CAT5 is commonly run as standard in most new builds so the pair can easily make use of a spare run and with extra-long HDMI pre-made leads expensive and hard to find this can also offer a longer distance for added flexibility.
Supporting up to 1080P real-time, the pair even have a reverse IR control facility to allow control over your DVR or other devices from another room or part of the building.
Each unit has handy wall mount lugs so they can easily be fixed behind other equipment for ease of installation and measure only 70x62x22mm.
Example for a CCTV system
- Using a standard HDMI lead, connect the HDMI from the DVR’s HDMI output to the HDMI IN on the TX unit. If required plug in the IR transmitter leave and position it so it can “see” the IR control of the DVR.
- If a local monitor is required next to or near the DVR connect it to the HDMI Out on the TX unit.
- Power up the TX part using the 5V DC PSU supplied, power is not required at the RX end.
- Next connect the CAT5 or CAT6 using a standard RGJ45 network plug. In the other location at the end of the CAT5 or 6 run, connect it again using an RJ45 plug.
- Use a standard HDMI lead to connect the RX unit to the desired monitor. If required connect the IR Receiver lead so that it can be controlled using your DVR’s remote control handset.
- Finally use the “EQ” Equaliser dip switch settings to optimise your signal depending on the CAT5 or 6 cable run length.
Video Output - 1080p / 60HZ
Power - 5V DC
Current Consumption - 600mA
PSU - Supplied
Cable Length - 50m
Cable Type - CAT5/6
Dimensions - 70 x 62 x 22mm
- 50M Cable Runs
- RX & TX Pair
- Wall Mount Design
- 1080P Real-time
- Reverse IR Control
- Low Voltage 5V DC